Confirmation is a milestone in a youth’s faith journey. At Emmanuel, we offer Confirmation classes during Faith Formation Hour each Sunday, from 9:45-10:45 a.m., beginning each September.
Typically, Emmanuel’s Confirmation Program requires a 2-year commitment from youth and their parents beginning in 7th grade, but it may take three years depending on the families’ other commitments. Some start the journey in 8th or 9th grade.
The entire congregation is invited to attend and support any of these classes, but we especially invite parents to join to help continue the conversation about faith at home. This fall, the key dates for the program include:
- September 11-Rally Day/”Gods work. Our hands.” Sunday: We start together in the Sanctuary and head to the Library for some getting to know you activities. Youth only.
- September 18-Orientation: For parents and Confirmands.
- October 2-Classes Begin: The mandatory Sacraments class will take place in the Youth Lounge. The electives class will happen concurrently in the Library, and it will include viewing short videos and discussion. Check out a Rob Bell NOOMA video on YouTube to get an idea of how this class will operate.
Expectations of Emmanuel’s Confirmation process:
- Parents as primary teachers of the faith
- Attending required and elective subjects during Christian Education time on Sunday morning.
- Develop caring friendships through regular participation in retreats, fun events, and TNT!
- Serving others within and outside of Emmanuel.
- Having a sense of ownership of the congregation.
- Daily prayer & caring conversation
Read the entire Confirmation brochure here.