Confirmation is a milestone in a youth’s faith journey. At Emmanuel, we offer Confirmation classes during Faith Formation Hour each Sunday, from 9:45-10:45 a.m., beginning each September.
Typically, Emmanuel’s Confirmation Program requires a 2-year commitment from youth and their parents beginning in 7th grade, but it may take three years depending on the families’ other commitments. Some start the journey in 8th or 9th grade.
The entire congregation is invited to attend and support any of these classes, but we especially invite parents to join to help continue the conversation about faith at home. This fall, the key dates for the program include:
- September 10th – First day back and Gods Work Our Hands Sunday: We start together in the Sanctuary. Confirmands are in the fellowship hall for orientation and activities
Expectations of Emmanuel’s Confirmation process:
- Parents as primary teachers of the faith
- Attending required and elective subjects during Christian Education time on Sunday morning.
- Develop caring friendships through regular participation in retreats, fun events, and TNT!
- Serving others within and outside of Emmanuel.
- Having a sense of ownership of the congregation.
- Daily prayer & caring conversation
Read the entire Confirmation brochure.