- This event has passed.
Celebrating Liberty Amendments Month with the Town of Vienna
June 19, 2021 - July 19, 2021
Emmanuel Lutheran Church, in partnership with the Town of Vienna, will participate in celebrating Liberty Amendments Month from June 19 – July 19.
Passage of the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 19th Amendments, which now are enshrined in our United States Constitution, grants rights to people who previously were excluded from full participation. The 4th of July celebrates the birth of our nation while Liberty Amendments Month celebrates these four amendments to our Constitution that, together, provide a common opportunity for all to help shape our nation and benefit our diverse heritage. Together, we are amazing!
The Town of Vienna is hosting many events throughout the month which can be seen here.
Below is a list of events that Emmanuel will specifically be participating in:
- Saturday, June 19 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM: Juneteenth Celebration at First Baptist Church and live streamed on Facebook and Youtube @TownofViennaVA. We are working on having Emmanuel branded T-shirts made and available for pick up prior to the Juneteenth Celebration.
- Tuesday, June 22 at 6:30 PM: ” The Power of African American Spirituals” – An outdoor 30 minute interactive learning experience led by Director of Music, Robert Morehead. Members of Emmanuel are invited to help lead this event with practice taking place at 5:00 PM. Please contact Robert if you are interested.
- Thursday, June 24: Pre-school Storytime- 11:00-11:30 at Emmanuel
- Thursday, July 1: Pre-school Storytime- 11:00-11:30 am at Emmanuel
- Thursday, July 8: Pre-school Storytime- 11:00-11:30 am at Church of the Holy Comforter
- Thursday. July 15th: Pre-school Storytime- 11:00-11:30 am at Emmanuel
- Our very own Phil Charlwood’s sculpture will be on display – You can find it on Center St across from Waters football field, in front of the old Faith Baptist church building.
Emmanuel is also sponsor of the pictorial exhibits at Freeman House, which is ongoing throughout the month.