Wherever you are at in your life, we want to walk with you to become the person God has called you to be. Maybe you’re…
- looking to be God's hands and connect with others through service
- struggling to find community or re-engage with a Christian community
- trying to grow in your relationship with Jesus
- supporting the faith journey of little ones in your home
- searching for grace in a world that feels harsh sometimes
At Emmanuel, you will find friends who will support and explore faith with you.
Visiting on Sunday
Sundays, September through May:
9:00 AM | Contemporary Worship
10:00 AM | Faith Formation for ages 3 through adult
11:00 AM | Traditional Worship
Summer and Special Sundays (Check our main page, weekly newsletter, or Facebook page):
10:00 AM | Blended Worship
Holy Communion every service (all are welcome)
We are located at:
2589 Chain Bridge Road, Vienna, VA 22181
Our Unity is in Christ
In June 2020, Emmanuel became a Reconciling in Christ congregation and has made a public commitment to welcome, include, and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA+) people and their loved ones. We welcome and affirm full participation by all because God loves and welcomes all.
The Church and Christians have historically excluded and persecuted LGBTQIA+ people. We pray for forgiveness for our part in harming God's beautiful people. We are committed to continuing our work for justice for the LGBTQIA+ community.
What to Expect on Sundays
- Please come as you are—however you’re comfortable.
- We’ll provide coffee between services and often light refreshments.
- Our goal is that you find a welcoming environment, with our greeters, ushers, and members willing to help you find your way or answer any questions about worship.
- Young children are invited to a children's chapel after the children's sermon through the end of the sermon.
- We have accommodations for the hearing impaired and other disabilities.
Children are the Church
- Children of all ages are welcome and embraced during worship. Activity bags are available and an unstaffed nursery is open with a bathroom and changing facilities, and wifi for streaming worship
- Our Faith Formation classes meet at 10 AM during the program year, beginning with pre-K. We seek to meet children where they are in their faith journey and their development level
- Confirmation classes are available for middle school students
- High school youth can build friendships at Sunday morning youth group.
Faith is Always Growing
No matter your age or biblical knowledge, you can always grow in faith, understanding of scripture, and to ask difficult questions with an affirming community.
Opportunities are available for:
- adults to continue to explore their faith and love for their neighbors
- children to learn about Jesus and his love for all
- Congregation-wide faith forums to discuss pressing topics such as interfaith relations, love and inclusion of all, etc.
You can also find a community through a variety of small groups and bible studies that meet throughout the week.