We are celebrating abundance! Thanks to the generosity of members and friends of Emmanuel, the first group of grants from the Endowment Fund were awarded in 2022. This is only one year after the Endowment Team launched Emmanuel’s Planned Giving program in 2021.
As the Endowment Fund accounts grow, so will the amount of grants that will be awarded each year. This year, grants will go to the following ministries:
- $2,000 for the Emmanuel Global and National Missions Team to support an on-going ministry effort to aid the resettlement of the Z family, refugees from Afghanistan.
- $2,000 for the ELC Reconciling in Christ (RIC) team, through its Disability Ministry task force, to conduct a professional survey/assessment of the modifications or improvements to the ELC facilities necessary to better accommodate, welcome, and serve persons with disabilities.
- $2,000 for the ELCA “Eastern Europe Crisis Response” which will be used in full (100%) to address the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine and neighboring countries.
- $375 to the ELC Lent Appeal, designated for Young Adults, to support a trip to the Sky Ranch Lutheran Camp in Colorado in August, 2022.
- $375 to the ELC Lent Appeal, designated for ELC Youth, to support a mission trip to Philadelphia in the summer of 2022.
- $375 to Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod of the ELCA, unrestricted (this satisfies the 5% tithe to “community ministries supported by Emmanuel”).
- $375 to the ELCA, specifically to support the ministry and work of Yvonne Lembo, ELCA Regional Gift Planner, in recognition and gratitude for Yvonne’s on-going support and guidance of our efforts to create and grow the ELC Endowment Fund (this satisfies the 5% tithe to “ELCA-related ministries”).
- $897.70 to the Emmanuel Lutheran Preschool from the Emmanuel Preschool Endowment Fund account.