Reopening Announcement from Emmanuel Leadership
We celebrate the news of the decrease in new COVID-19 cases in Northern Virginia and throughout the United States thanks to the continued roll out of vaccinations. Our hearts and prayers are with our siblings in Christ around the world who are seeing a new wave of the pandemic wash over their communities.
At Emmanuel, we are grateful for your faithfulness and patience as we take small steps to explore life and church together after the pandemic. We are excited to announce the reopening of our building and campus on June 1st to all Emmanuel ministry groups and members as well as our community groups. Our offices will be open from Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
The Emmanuel Church Council, Reopening Task Force and staff ask that we all continue to follow the guidelines outlined below in order to continue to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.
As of June 1st, 2021:
- We will continue to take pandemic precautions, wear masks no matter your vaccination status, and keep a six-foot distance for indoor and outdoor worship and ministries except when:
- Worship leaders are leading
- Small groups have carefully communicated and reached a group consensus for that specific meeting
- Staff are working in their own offices
- Individuals working together have communicated and reached a group consensus for that specific meeting
- The Emmanuel Office will be open Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Small groups and community groups are invited to meet inside or outside
If you wish to utilize a room or space in the building, please contact our Office Manager, David Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability and secure the space.
- We will continue to live stream our 9:00 AM worship service on our website at www.elcvienna.org, Facebook, and YouTube.
- In-person worship expands to 100 total participants and an RSVP is no longer required to attend:
- Leaders can unmask while leading.
- All liturgy and songs will be projected.
- Spoken responses will continue.
- Hymnals and Bibles will be returned to the pews.
- Congregational singing while masked will begin.
- Sharing the peace will be done verbally only.
- Offering plates will not be passed, but will remain situated by the exits.
- Communion distribution of wafers only will begin in addition to sealed-communion sets made available.
- People are invited to fellowship following worship in the Centrum and Courtyard.
Please note that on June 6, July 4, and August 1 we will stream a pre-recorded service at 9:00 AM online and have in-person worship outside at 10:15 AM. Bring your favorite lawn chair or blanket and join us! In the case of rain, we will simply cancel the outdoor service.
As an intergenerational community, it is important that we continue to protect our littlest saints as well as the immunosuppressed who cannot receive the vaccine at this time. We ask that all who attend worship, visit our campus or attend in-person meetings wear a mask no matter your vaccination status to continue to provide a safe environment for all in our community.
We are aware that some wish to worship without masks immediately, while others would choose to require masks long into the future. We believe this is the best decision for our community at this time.
Church leadership will continue to discuss this matter during regular meetings with the support of local data, state guidelines, recommendations from the CDC and consideration of vaccine availability to the wider community. Our hope is to grow our in-person ministry opportunities together over the summer!
As many of you plan for much needed vacations and time with family this summer, know that our leadership and staff are praying for travel mercies over you and your loved ones.
We look forward to seeing you all in person soon! We are grateful for our continued walk together and are hopeful for the days ahead.