The Lenten season begins on February 17 with Ash Wednesday and we are offering some fun, informal ways to engage in sensory reflection, acts of service, as well as spirit-filled small group discussions. During this season in the church calendar, take time to wrestle with the questions Jesus asks throughout the Gospels to provide space for reflection, repositioning and the deepening of our faith.
"Lent-in-Bag" Pick Up
Households are welcome to pick up a “Lent-in-Bag” at drive through communion on February 14 and 28 from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM. We have put together a bag of Lenten activities for all ages including some crafts, a Lenten Jar devotional (Pastor Lydia contributed to it), and a copy of the 40 days of service PDF.
If you can't make it on February 14 and February 28, please email Kathy Uffelman to coordinate another pick up time.
Drive Thru Communion &
Pick Up Ashes
12:00 - 1:00 PM and 4:00 - 6:30 PM
Online Worship at 7:00 PM
Drive by church and pick up your ashes to be used at home during the online worship service at 7:00 PM. The imposition of ashes in the form of cross on one's forehead is a reminder of our mortality and our Baptism with the ever present hope in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Wrestling with Jesus' Questions
Together as a congregation, we will read through the Book of Faith Lenten Journey: Beyond Question by Eric Burtness. We will use the book and Jesus' questions throughout the Gospels as a guide to challenge us, reposition us, change us, and draw us into deeper faith and discipleship.
- All High school students and adults are welcome to participate
- Weekly spirit-filled discussions will be led by one of the pastors on Wednesdays at 7:45 PM on Zoom following the 7:00 PM worship service.
- The study will begin on February 17 and continues for seven weeks.
- Order your copy now through Augsburg Fortress Publishers. Sponsorships are available by emailing Kathy Uffelman at email@example.com if you need assistance covering the cost of the book.
Book Study Schedule
Wednesday, 2/17: Journey Week One, p.19
Wednesday, 2/24: Journey Week Two, p.35
Wednesday, 3/3: Journey Week Three, p. 49
Wednesday, 3/10: Journey Week Four, p. 63
Wednesday, 3/17: Journey Week Five, p. 77
Wednesday, 3/24: Journey Week Six, p. 91
Wednesday, 3/31: Journey Week Seven, p. 105
Spread Kindness and Love:
40 days of Service
Help spread love and kindness this Lenten season by participating in the 40 days of Service project!
- Download the 40 Days of Service PDF by clicking below.
- Share the PDF with others in your household and make a plan for who will be your target to receive the act of kindness or service.
- Take a picture of you and your loved ones doing your acts of service.
- Check off each act of service completed.
- Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share them on online to help inspire others to participate.
Listen and Dance To
Your Hearts Desire
We have identified a fantastic, Lent inspired Spotify playlist of contemporary songs that you can listen to or dance along with all throughout Lent. You may need a Spotify account to listen to this playlist.
Our Director of Music, Robert Morehead, has also put together a "Timeless Classics for Lent" playlist for all to enjoy!
HOly Week COurtyard Supper
on March 31
All are invited to an outdoor soup dinner and fellowship time on Wednesday, March 31 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM in the newly constructed Emmanuel courtyard. This will be the first opportunity to use this space and enjoy seeing each other face to face. Fellowship, faith and food come together as we prepare ourselves just before Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
We will be following all COVID protocols, masks will be required and limiting the capacity to 10 people per hour. Click below if you are interested in attending.