Growing in Relationships with God & Others
Relationships are what stewardship is all about. There are times of scarcity and abundance in all of our lives and stewardship calls us to creatively use God’s gifts to follow Jesus’ command to love God and our neighbor.
When we share the abundance that God has entrusted to our care with our neighbor, we not only love our neighbor, but we love God. In Matthew 25:31-46, Jesus tells us that when we feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, care for the sick and visit the imprisoned we are doing it to Jesus.
Jesus says, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me” (Matthew 25:40).
Goal for 2022
1. Increase congregational
giving by $5,200/week
2. 35 additional commitments versus 2021
Meeting our 2022 Goals allows Emmanuel to...
- Fully fund our new Pastor for Evangelism & Mission and grow membership by 20% over the next three years.
- Increase active participation in Faith Formation and Youth Ministry programs by 10% over the next three years.
- Sustain excellence in ministry through our full complement of staff, safe and well-maintained facilities, and programs.
- Restore and augment funding to our core outreach mission partners so that we continue to pursue our Gospel mission and call to care for those in need at an additional cost of $40,000/year.
Make Your Commitment by October 31, 2021!
Please prayerfully consider increasing your giving in 2022.
Commitment Sunday is October 31st, which is also Confirmation Sunday. We encourage all confirmed members to return a commitment - in person or online - before October 31.
Thank you for considering how you can grow your generosity and relationship with God in the coming year.
Stories of Generosity & Growth
One thing all relationships have in common are commitments. Commitments are shared expectations. They are built on empathy, trust, and love. They form the basis for us to learn from and challenge each other, to make us better humans, better Christians. They may be written, verbal, or self-understood. The only requirement is that all…
We are excited to focus on how “Relationships Grow Here” at Emmanuel, with God and with others, as we kick off the Fall Stewardship campaign. For the next six weeks, we will share stories, like the video above, about the impact Emmanuel ministries have, even during a global pandemic, and how members have strengthed…